Tuesday, January 8, 2013

kids say the darndest things at the darndest times

As we left Jaxson's school the other day we chatted about his day, he talked about his friends, what they did in class and as we passed by some houses there sat an elderly woman on the stairs. She must have been 5 feet from us when we walked by to get to our car. As we were passing her Jax asks loudly" why doesn't she have her teeth yet?"

I scurried him along as fast as I could not making eye contact with the elderly woman. I just whispered, "she had her teeth but she didn't brush so they fell out, that's what will happen to you if you don't brush your teeth". He just looked at me and said, "I better go home and brush, I don't want my teeth to fall out". He continued on about how the woman eats and chews gum without teeth.

I don't know how kids say the darndest things at the least moment you want them too because I know she heard him, it probably wasn't as bad as when Kailey asked me why that man was so fat as we stood in line at the grocery store, at least this time we could quickly escape, but with Kailey we were stuck in line with the "fat man" in front of us, no where to turn.........

No comments:

Post a Comment