Sunday, March 6, 2011

My fourth child

I often refer to my husband as my fourth child. Not only is it funny but he seriously acts like a child sometimes. I know there is a child in all of us adults but this story really takes the cake.

The other day I was getting ready to go to the store to pick up a few things. He said "ohhh there is this toy I want to buy for the boys". I don't know what his obsession with toys is but lately all he has wanted to do is buy toys that he had as a child or he wanted as a child and get them for the boys. I swear that's all he does online is look up toys he had.
I kept telling him" I don't know its kinda expensive". It was some Star Wars toy. I had to look to see what the name was, its a Star Wars AT-AT  Walker. Its basically a big dog looking thing, its huge. So all morning long he was asking me if I was going to get it, to the point it was irritating me.

So I did what any good wife would do and bought this toy for the boys from him. As soon as I pulled into the driveway he ran out to the garage to see if I got it, don't mind all the groceries to carry in, he grabbed the toy and immediately started opening it. I swear when he was putting it together the look on his face was like the look of a 5 year old boy on Christmas morning. When he got it together he wanted to put it up so the boys wouldn't play with it.
"Hold it right there!! You can't buy the boys a toy put it together and then tell them they can't play with it" Its like making a cake and telling someone they can't have any and let it sit there.
So in the end, its been in the living room and he "shows" Jax how to play with it. He also puts it in our bedroom at night so the kids can't play with it during the day. Its sooo hilarious, my husband will walk by this toy and just touch it and when Jaxson plays with it he "eyes" him to make sure nothing happens to it.

I definitely bought this for him not the boys! I guess I know what kind of presents to get him from now on, Star Wars toys.

ohhhhh and I definitely know what to hold hostage the next time he pisses me off, I will hide this toy and he won't be able to get it back in his life until its better. hahahahahaa : ) This can benefit the both of us!

Here is a pic of my "boys" opening their new toy. Look at the grin on that mans face. Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment