Monday, March 19, 2012

Farts are funny!!

So there we were at Jax's preschool St Patricks day party. There was a small crowd of parents than normal and the snacks were all eaten. The teacher called the kids over to the circle rug for share time. The parents were invited to stay and watch. A little boy gets up and shows his truck, and did a very nice job. Next was a little girl, showing her doll. Jax was sitting very nicely listening to the other kids share their toys. Everything was gong smoothly. There was a silence in the room while this little voice spoke of her doll and how she sleeps with her at night when all of a sudden you hear a "brrrrRRRRRRRT"  Oh yeah if you don't know what that word is, its a fart noise.

You will never guess who let out that big ripper of a fart during share time. You guessed it, my little boy Jax. He got really embarrassed as two boys moved away from him, he put his hand over his mouth and began to chuckle.

I thought "oh god", and started to snicker. I know, I know, how immature of me to snicker, but he was soo freaking funny. I'm sorry that I am almost 31 and think farts are still funny. They will always be funny.

I tried to compose myself in sake of the little girl who was still trying to share her doll. Jax kept looking over at me with his hand cupping his mouth and smiling, I was holding it in the best I could, I even went as far as biting my own finger just so I didn't laugh out loud. The more Jax looked at me the more I wanted to laugh, but no one else was laughing, I had to look away, just look away. I even snuck to the back of the parents just so I didn't see Jax's face, whenever he looked at me he snickered and I wanted to laugh too. The teacher just looked at us, it was like I was in school all over again.

After 5 mins of composing myself, I could return to the share time, yes I had to walk away, I had to be the mature parent, but in reality, I wanted to laugh so hard with him, man farts are funny, especially when there is a room full of people with dead silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment