Thursday, July 2, 2015

we are back and better than ever!!!

Wow, I can't believe its been a few years since I have shared, to this day I have people asking me about this blog and asking why I stopped and I now see I have almost 10,000 views. Amazing!!! Well to be honest I stopped because life happened, 3 kids, I opening my own business and then another business. Lots of changes. I do miss blogging so I am going to bring it back, I mean honestly my kids are hilarious so why not share!!

Oh, on that note, we are about to add another kid to the mix, a baby girl due at the end of this month, should make things more interesting for sure, should my blog name change?? I guess we can remain my 3 and the baby can be the ...and then some!!! whatever, onto the funny stuff, here is what happened to me this morning....

Hudson is now 5. He is the baby, as of right now, of the family. He has had a cold for the past week, clear runny nose, morning cough, blah, blah, He's the whiny one, but last night about 4-5pm he was complaining of a sore throat. I am thinking, great right before a holiday weekend, why not!!  I knew it was going to be a long night, on top of the 3 times I get up and go to the bathroom, and the 4-5 times I wake up because my pelvis feels like its going to split open,,,, the joys of third trimester. So yes to get back to the story, it was a long night of no sleep, Hudson woke up twice crying and coughing and complaining of his throat hurting. We woke up early and he said he couldn't swallow. I got him an ice pop and contemplated calling the doctor. I should make an appointment thinking if I didn't and it ended up with being strep on the long weekend we would be screwed. So I called...

His pediatrician is very good at squeezing me in early as he knows I have to open my business at 10am. So off we went at 8:15. The only down side of getting squeezed in is the waiting. We waited an hour in the exam room, Every 10 minutes that went by I was more nervous about making it to work on time, also having time to run home and pack my lunch and get to work, because you know the day I run late is the time I have customers waiting at the door....never fails.

9:35 the doctor comes in, at this time Hudson has watched a movie on my phone and was kinda dozing off on my lap. As soon as the doctor walks in Hudson gets up and goes over and hugs him, He says hi to Hudson and states, "Oh Hudson I hear you have a sore throat" Hudson replies, "no".

The doctor looks at me. I look at him and say, "Hudson your throat doesn't hurt?" He says, "no its all better, can I have a lollipop?" I am in a daze, I'm 9 months pregnant, no sleep, ran out of the house to make sure he doesn't have strep, waiting an hour in the exam room, going to be late to work and he says he's fine?? The rage takes over my body, I can feel myself about to explode, I think the doctor knew it, he says, "well with colds and post nasal drip can cause a sore throat in the morning".
 I said, "yes I realize that and wouldn't be here if I thought it was that, he started complaining of it yesterday and I was up with him multiple times last night". He says, well "no strep, keep nose clear and drink lots of fluids"

 Well great, guess whos the crazy one?? Yep, the crazy mom who brings her kid to the doctors and insists he is sick, when hes perfectly fine, yep me!

We walk out the door and down the hall, Hudson turns to me and says, "Dr J always makes me feel better, my throat doesn't hurt anymore" I say, "yes, how wonderful", but what  I really wanted to say is, your lucky I don't shove that lollipop down your throat and make it hurt right now., but I didn't!!

No comments:

Post a Comment